Table of Contents
Pure Primal Keto Lives up to its name – it’s almost entirely a pure exogenous ketone supplement. Exogenous ketones are ketones from an external source. During the very low-carb ketogenic diet, your body produces ketones naturally. Taking exogenous ketones can have a beneficial effect on all aspects of the ketogenic diet, including speeding up fat loss and fighting keto flu.
But is Pure Primal Keto the right exogenous ketone supplement for you?
It’s important to realize that even the best exogenous ketone product won’t do much for you if you aren’t staying faithful to the keto diet. Secondly, understand that the effect of ketogenic diet products is usually quite subtle.
With all that said, if you are on keto and want to get the very best results from your low carb diet, an exogenous ketone product like Pure Primal Keto may help.
What are the Ingredients?
A lot of exogenous ketone products contain way more than just ketones. While that can be appealing, it also means you won’t be getting as much of this key ingredient as you should. Pure Primal Keto is almost entirely made from exogenous ketone salts, of which there are three types:
- Magnesium BHB
- Calcium BHB
- Sodium BHB
Each two-capsule serving contains 800mg of exogenous ketones or 0.8 grams. While most exogenous ketone drink mixes provide 8-12 grams of exogenous ketones per serving, the 0.8 grams in Pure Primal Keto is digested and gets to work quickly. Some studies go so far as to suggest that mega-doses of exogenous ketones are not necessary for fat loss and, because ketones contain calories, could actually interfere with fat loss.
So, while 0.8 grams might not sound like much, it should be more than enough to help you lose weight on the diet.
How to use Pure Primal Keto
Pure Primal Keto is very easy to use. Because it’s not a drink mix, you don’t have to dissolve it in water. That’s especially good news because most exogenous ketone drinks taste very salty and bitter; they’re awful!
Instead, with Pure Primal Keto, you just take two capsules and wash them down with a little water.
According to the manufacturer, you can take your dose whenever you like. This product does not contain any caffeine, and it won’t stop you from sleeping. But, the best time to take it is probably first thing in the morning and on an empty stomach. Alternatively, take your capsules about 30 minutes before exercise.
Pros of pure Primal
Pure Primal Keto offers several benefits and advantages to keto dieters, including:
- Portable and easy to use – with a daily dose of just two capsules, you should have no problem using this product in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. You can also carry it with you if you want to take your dose later in the day, or while you are out and about.
- Good value for money – costing about one dollar a day, this product is well-priced.
- Proven ingredients – BHB ketones are the best type of ketone for fat loss. They will help you burn fat faster while reducing the severity and duration of keto flu. This supplement will also boost your energy and control your appetite.
- Stimulant-free formulation – most fat burners contain caffeine. While there is nothing wrong with this, too much caffeine can leave you feeling anxious and jittery, not to mention unable to sleep. High-stim fat burners cannot be used at night. Pure Primal Keto is stim-free. With no caffeine, you can use this product at any time, and it won’t keep you awake. Despite this, you’ll still feel your energy levels increase after using this product.
- No unpleasant aftertaste – easy to swallow capsules means you won’t have to endure the bitter, salty taste of BHP ketone salts. This will be very welcome if you have tried and hated the taste of ketone drink mixes.
- Get into ketosis faster – taking exogenous ketones tricks your body into producing more ketones naturally. Increased ketone production will speed up fat loss and prevent many of the symptoms of keto flu.
- Enjoy more mental and physical energy – ketones are your body’s preferred source of energy when carbs are in short supply. Your muscle and your brain can happily use ketones for energy. That’s good news if you are an exerciser or have a physical job or active lifestyle, and if you need to use your brain at work and can’t afford to lose productivity. Ketone energy tends to be more stable and long-lasting than energy derived from carbs, sugar, or caffeine.
Cons of Pure Primal Keto
While Pure Primal Keto is mostly a safe and effective product, there are a few drawbacks and cons that you need to be aware of before using it.
- Will only work with the ketogenic diet – unlike a lot of fat burners and weight loss pills, Pure Primal Keto is not compatible with any other diet. It will only work if you are following a strict, low-carb ketogenic diet.
- Quite a low dose of ketones – 800mg is not a big dose of ketones. While this amount will produce noticeable results, those results will not be as dramatic as using a product that provides 5, 10, or 12 grams per serving. That said, this low dose won’t cause the side effects that more powerful formulations tend to trigger.
- Not suitable for vegetarians or vegans – the capsules in Pure Primal Keto are made from gelatin, which comes from processed animal bones and skins. As such, this product is not vegetarian or vegan approved.
- May cause some side effects – while side effects are rare, this supplement can have some adverse effects, outlined below. However, negative side effects are usually short-lived. They can be controlled or avoided by taking just one capsule a day or dividing the recommended two-capsule dose and taking one in the morning and another 8-12 hours later.
Potential Side effects of Pure Primal Keto
Exogenous ketones are natural substances, and as such, have very few unwanted side effects. They are suitable and safe for most people to use. That said, they do occasionally trigger some short-term side effects, which tend to dissipate as you enter a deeper state of ketosis. Those side effects may include:
- Stomach upsets
Losing weight is rarely easy, but few diets work as well as keto. Cutting your carb intake to 50 grams or less per day has an almost magical effect on fat burning, giving your body no other choice than to burn fat for fuel.
However, your body has a serious carb addiction and won’t respond well to this sudden reduction in carbs. Within just a few days, you may start to feel the effects of your new low carb diet and will probably start to develop some of the symptoms of keto flu.
The good news is that the keto flu is an indicator that your body is weaning itself off carbs and onto fat. It’s making the metabolic shift that means you are about to start losing weight faster than ever before. However, despite these encouraging signs, keto flu is not an enjoyable condition and can be severe enough to put some dieters off keto for good.
Exogenous ketone supplements like Pure Primal Keto provide your body with the ketones it needs to get over keto flu quickly and comfortably and get down to the business of fat-burning. They also increase your energy levels, fight hunger, and increase focus and concentration too.
While you can do keto without exogenous ketones, the question is, why would you want to? Just a couple of easy to swallow capsules can make your entire ketogenic diet journey go much more smoothly.
Pure Primal Keto is a simple but effective exogenous ketone product that will help prevent keto flu and should increase fat and weight loss.
With all that being said the reviews show that a lot of people are not completely satisfied with this product. As such we recommend the more popular and arguably better product Keto BodyTone.
If you are looking for that boost to getting to ketosis faster and smoother we highly recommend checking out our review of Keto BodyTone.
Although pure primal is an exogenous ketone, we think there's a better option out!
- Value for money