Table of Contents
Kettle & Fire Bone Broth is a liquid dietary supplement that is high in the protein collagen. Unlike most collagen protein powders, this product requires no mixing with water and is supplied in cartons. Simply pour out the required amount, warm it up, and drink it.
Bone broth is a traditional remedy for a wide range of ailments and illnesses, and it considered to be very good for preventative measures too. It’s one of the reasons that chicken soup is such a cure-all.
While you CAN make your own bone broth, doing to takes time – anything up to 24 hours. Using Kettle & Fire Bone Broth means you can enjoy all the benefits of this supplement without having to make it yourself.
Made from all-natural, organic ingredients, Kettle & Fire Bone Broth comes in 32 fl. oz. containers with a two-year shelf-life, is made in the USA, is non-GMO, and is available in five different flavors.
Unsurprisingly, the main ingredient in Kettle & Fire is bones! The ingredients vary between varieties, and some contain beef bones where others contain chicken bones.
The ingredients in the chicken variety are:
- Organic free-range chicken bones
- Filtered water
- Organic vegetables, including carrots, peppers, celery, mushrooms, and garlic
- Herbs and spices, including black pepper, Celtic sea salt, and rosemary
- Apple cider vinegar
The chicken is the main source of collagen and any other amino acids, while the vegetables provide vitamins and minerals. Apple cider vinegar helps release more nutrients from the bones, making this product even more potent. Herbs and spices give this product a pleasant flavor.
When and How to Use it for Maximum Effect
Using Kettle & Fire Bone Broth couldn’t be easier. Simply open the carton, pour out the required amount into a pan, and cook over a medium heat until simmering and not boiling. Once it’s warm enough, pour the broth into a bowl or mug and enjoy.
Alternatively, you can also warm Kettle & Fire in a microwave, being careful not to overheat it. However, it is important that you do not allow Kettle & Fire Bone Broth to boil as doing so could damage some of the ingredients.
If you are in a hurry and can tolerate a cold, savory drink, you can also use it without heating it.
You can add additional flavors, such as ginger, garlic, cayenne, or turmeric, and also use your bone broth as a base for soups. Stews, or risottos.
As for timing, you can use this product at any time. The manufacturers suggest:
- First thing in the morning instead of coffee or tea
- As a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack
- As an appetizer
- Before going to bed as a warming, relaxing drink
- In place of one or two meals per day for weight loss purposes
Benefits of bone broth
Bone broth is a traditional health tonic that is also highly recommended by nutritionists. The benefits of Kettle & Fire include:
- Supports joint health and mobility – bone broth contains collagen, which is the most abundant protein in the human body. It’s an integral part of bones and joints. Consuming high-collagen bone broth is a traditional and proven way to reduce the severity of joint pain, including arthritis. Athletes also use bone broth to help reduce joint wear and tear and speed up recovery after injury.
- Promotes youthful skin – collagen is what gives your skin its elasticity and shape. As we age, collagen levels decline, which is why skin loses its elasticity and starts to take on a more wrinkled appearance. High collagen supplements like Kettle & Fire can help prevent and even eliminate wrinkles by boosting skin elasticity and firmness.
- Good for hair and nails – in the same way collagen is good for your skin, it’s also good for your hair and nails too. It will make your nails and hair stronger, healthier, and shinier.
- Better digestive health – bone broth is naturally high in prebiotics and probiotics, both of which are good for digestive health. Prebiotics feed the good bacteria in your gut, while probiotics are a source of these healthy critters. Good digestive health will have a knock-on effect to the rest of your body, including weight loss and your immune system.
- Better sleep – naturally caffeine-free and also high in the amino acid tryptophan, a cup of bone broth before bed can be relaxing and help you sleep better. Longer, deeper sleep will give you the energy you need to power through the next day.
- Weight loss – at only 45 calories per serving, replacing higher-calorie snacks with bone broth could help you lose weight. However, this product is not marketed as a weight-loss supplement.
Pros and cons of Kettle & Fire Bone Broth
Consider these pros and cons before buying or using Kettle & Fire Bone Broth…
- Easy to use
- Versatile product
- Very healthy
- All-natural ingredients
- Much more convenient than making your own bone broth
- A range of flavors available
- Long shelf life
- Free from unhealthy additives, including sugar
- Suitable for use on the ketogenic and paleo diets
- Only four servings per 32 oz. container
- Some users reported that they didn’t like the taste
- Not suitable for vegetarians or vegans
- Quite high in sodium
Being an all-natural product, Kettle & Fire Bone Broth is unlikely to cause any serious side effects. However, some users have reported:
- Digestive upset
- Increased heart rate
- Skin flushing or itching
- Hot flashes or increased sweating
- Swelling in your hands or feet
- Muscle, joint, or back pain
- Dry mouth, sneezing, or a runny nose
These symptoms are very rare and are caused by a reaction to the glutamine content or the histamine content in bone broth. According to Kettle & Fire, these side effects can be avoided by:
- Start by drinking a ¼ cup of bone broth every two days for a week.
- If no symptoms occur, increase to a ¼ cup every other day for one week.
- Then increase to a ¼ cup every day for two weeks.
- Then to a ½ cup every day and so on until you work your way up to a cup per day.
Consuming bone broth can have a big impact on many aspects of your health, from your joints to your digestive system to your immunity. While making your own bone broth is always an option, doing so takes a lot of time, bones, and a suitable cooking pot.
Kettle & Fire boil their bones for over 12 hours to maximize the healthful contents of their bone broth products. Sealed in airtight cartons, this means their bone broth has a shelf-life of two years. It can also be frozen to make it last even longer.
Using bone broth regularly has never been so easy!
With no added artificial ingredients, Kettle & Fire is compatible with most diets, except for vegetarianism and veganism. Also, because of its high sodium content, it may not be suitable for people with high blood pressure or anyone following the DASH hypertension diet.
However, if you want all of the benefits of bone broth and none of the hassles, this product is highly recommended.
Visit the Ketogenic Diet Reviews homepage for more!
Kettle and Fire Bone Broth
Bone broth is an excellent way to increase your nutrition. Deciding if Kettle & Fire is the right brand for you is easy with our detailed review.
Value for Money