Table of Contents
Keto Drox is a weight loss supplement made in the USA by a company called KetoDrox. It’s marketed as a ketogenic weight loss product and aimed at people following the low carb ketogenic diet.
It’s sold in bottles of 60 capsules, which, at two per day, is a 30-day supply.
This product contains some ingredients that may be useful on the ketogenic diet but also some that aren’t. It’s certainly not the worst ketogenic diet supplement, but it’s also a long way from being the best.
Keto Drox is suitable for vegetarians and vegans as it contains no ingredients derived from animals.
What are the Ingredients?
Keto Drox contains a proprietary blend of seven main ingredients. This means, while we know what is in this product, we don’t know how much of each ingredient there is. It could be a lot, but equally, it could be very little.
The ingredients in Keto Drox and their main functions are:
Calcium carbonate – this ingredient makes up the bulk of each capsule of Keto Drox. Some studies suggest that calcium supplementation can help speed up fat loss, although the mechanisms for this benefit are unclear. Calcium is an abundant mineral commonly found in dairy foods, as well as green leafy vegetables, nuts, fish, and enriched flour and cereals.
Raspberry ketones – raspberry ketones are NOT the same as the ketones produced by your body during a low carb ketogenic diet. While they are a type of ketone, your body does not recognize them and cannot use them for any ketogenic or weight loss-related functions. This ingredient is what gives Keto Drox its name, but, unfortunately, they offer no proven weight loss or ketogenic diet benefits.
Acai berry extract – rich in fiber and antioxidants, acai berries are a superfood that may help suppress your appetite. They may also speed up fat burning.
Mango seed extract – some small-sized studies suggest that mango seed extract can help speed up fat burning, leading to weight loss. It is believed to cause a decrease in leptin levels, which helps turn off your body’s ability to store fat. It may also lower blood glucose and triglyceride levels.
Green coffee bean extract – containing about one-fifth of the caffeine of roasted coffee beans, green coffee beans are underripe beans that have not been processed. They are thought to help with weight loss by reducing the absorption of fat in the digestive system and lowering insulin and blood glucose levels.
Green tea leaf extract – green tea contains several beneficial weight loss compounds, including caffeine, antioxidants, and EGCG.
Keto Drax also contains trace amounts of a few inert substances like silicon dioxide and magnesium stearate. These items help prevent the other ingredients from forming an indigestible bullet that would otherwise pass through your digestive system without effect. The capsules themselves are made from microcrystalline cellulose, which is a plant fiber and, therefore, suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
How does it work?
Unfortunately, this is not an easy question to answer because Keto Drox, which is promoted as a keto diet supplement, does not contain any of the ingredients needed to help you get into ketosis faster, or deal with the effects of keto flu. It may, however, help you lose weight in other ways.
The ingredients in Keto Drox have the potential to:
- Ward off hunger and prevent cravings
- Reduce the inflammation that may otherwise inhibit fat burning
- Increase your metabolism
- Make fat cells more mobile and easier to break down for energy
- Prevent the formation of new fat cells
However, of the 1000 mg of ingredients that each two-capsule serving contains, 400 mg is in the form of calcium carbonate, an already easy to obtain, and abundant dietary mineral. That means there is only 600 mg of the other ingredients, and, as there are six of them, you don’t get a whole lot of anything that could have had a beneficial effect.
Also, bear in mind that one of those ingredients, raspberry ketones, is all-but ineffective anyway.
In short, while this product could conceivably help you lose weight, its effects will be minimal. And, contrary to what its name suggests, Keto Drox will not make your low carb ketogenic diet more effective or easier to live with.
How to use it Properly
Keto Drox is designed to be taken once a day with water and a meal. It contains caffeine, in the form of green tea and green coffee bean extract, and while the exact caffeine content is unknown, as it’s hidden within the Keto Drox proprietary blend, it’s safe to assume it must be close to 100 mg. Otherwise, it would not have much of an effect.
Because of this, most users should avoid using Keto Drox at night, as doing so could lead to insomnia. No other instructions for use are available at this time.
Pros and cons of Keto Drox
Make sure you weigh up the pros and cons of Keto Drox before buying or using this product. The main pros and cons are:
- Easy to use – just pop a couple of capsules in your mouth and wash them down with water. There are no drinks to mix, and no unpleasant aftertaste to deal with.
- May reduce hunger and cravings – most diets cause hunger and cravings, making them hard to stick to. Some of the ingredients in Keto Drox may reduce this problem.
- High in beneficial antioxidants – green coffee bean extract, green tea extract, and acai berry extract are all high in health-boosting antioxidants. Reducing oxidative stress can be very useful and helpful for better health.
- May increase your metabolic rate – some of the ingredients in Keto Drox may increase your daily total energy expenditure, albeit relatively slightly.
- One serving contains 40% of your daily recommended allowance for calcium.
- Not really a keto diet supplement – the main ingredient has no real benefit to or effect on the ketogenic diet. Raspberry ketones are, despite the name, not real ketones. Your body cannot recognize or use them for energy or any other useful process.
- Proprietary blend – there is no way to know how much of each ingredient is in this product. That information is hidden behind a proprietary blend.
- Expensive – this product is one of the most expensive around, despite not containing any keto diet-related ingredients.
- Very limited information available about this product – the labels on the bottle don’t tell you much, and there is not a lot of information available out on the net.
The good news is that Keto Drox is not linked to any unwanted side-effects. That’s because it doesn’t contain a whole lot of active ingredients. It’s certainly not a dangerous product, but it’s not going to be especially beneficial either.
According to the manufacturers, “Keto Drox Weight Support Blend was formulated to aid in fat burning, weight reduction, and optimal metabolic function for those on a keto diet.” And yet, despite these claims, it contains no ingredients that can be linked to the ketogenic diet. There are no BHB exogenous ketones and no medium-chain triglycerides. There aren’t even any electrolytes.
This product does contain a few beneficial ingredients, but that means it’s merely another weight loss supplement, and not designed for use alongside the ketogenic diet.
At more than twice the price of most ketogenic diet supplements, it would be nice to think you were getting a product that is twice as effective, that would get you into ketosis faster or prevent the unwanted effects of keto flu.
Unfortunately, there is very little in Keto Drox that is of benefit to keto dieters. Long story short – this so-called keto diet product is best avoided. The lack of keto-specific ingredients means it simply cannot live up to its claims, or even its own name.
With all that being said the reviews show that a lot of people are not completely satisfied with this product. As such we recommend the more popular and arguably better product Perfect Keto.
If you are looking for that boost to getting to ketosis faster and smoother we highly recommend checking out our review of Perfect Keto.
When it comes to finding the best exogenous ketone - keto drox is not the product for you.
Value for Money