Table of Contents
Keto Drive is an exogenous ketone drink mix designed to be used during a ketogenic diet. Available in black cherry and matcha lemonade flavors, this product is both a keto diet weight loss supplement and a performance-boosting sports drink.
Providing just five calories per serving, Keto Drive contains 11.7 grams of exogenous ketones per serve, which is more than enough to boost your energy, speed up weight loss, and provide a host of additional keto diet benefits.
Keto Drive is made by Zhou Nutrition and is sold in containers of 258 grams/8.29 oz. which is 16 servings.
What are the Ingredients?
The main ingredients in Keto Drive are exogenous ketones. Exogenous ketones are chemically similar to the ketones that your body produces when you drastically reduce your carbohydrate intake. Your body recognizes and uses these ketones for a host of beneficial reactions and functions.
The exogenous ketones in Keto Drive are:
- Calcium beta-hydroxybutyrate
- Sodium beta-hydroxybutyrate
- Magnesium beta-hydroxybutyrate
These three slightly different BHB ketones work at different speeds to provide your body with short, medium, and long-term benefits.
In addition, Keto Drive also contains:
- Citric and malic acid – acidy regulators
- Natural lemon flavor
- Silica – to stop the powder solidifying
- Stevia – for sweetness
- Acacia, guar, and xanthan gum – to provide texture
- Turmeric – for color and flavor
- Spirulina – for color and flavor
How to Use it Correctly
According to the manufacturer, you can use Keto Drive 1-3 times per day. Just mix one 14.7-gram scoop (supplied) with 16 ounces of cold water, stir, and sip! Because it contains fast, medium, and slow-acting ingredients, you can take Keto Drive any time you need a ketone-fix.
Good times to take this product include:
- First thing in the morning to kickstart ketosis
- Before exercise for energy
- After exercise to speed up recovery
- Mid-morning and mid-afternoon to ward off hunger and boost energy
- In place of soda or other diet-wrecking beverages
Benefits of Keto Drive
The benefits of Keto Drive include:
- Faster, easier descent into ketosis – it can take a few days to two weeks to enter ketosis when you first cut carbs from your diet. This supplement increases your ketone levels faster than dietary ketosis alone. The sooner you are in ketosis, the sooner you can start enjoying the benefits of low-carb dieting.
- Less severe and shorter keto flu – the descent into ketosis is usually accompanied by several side effects, collectively called the keto flu. These include headaches, cramps, brain fog, hunger, cravings, and low energy. The exogenous ketones in this supplement can help make these side effects easier to live with and much shorter-lived too.
- More energy – exogenous ketones are a readily available, fast-acting source of energy. But, unlike caffeine and carbs, they are not associated with post-use energy crashes. Exogenous ketones are also carb and all-but calorie-free, too, so they won’t derail your diet.
- Increased mental performance – on a regular diet, your brain typically runs on glucose. Unfortunately, glucose levels tend to rise and fall, and with it, your mental performance fluctuates too. Exogenous ketones can happily cross the blood-brain barrier, providing your brain with a fast-acting but sustainable source of energy.
- Faster fat burning – your body makes ketones out of fat. Consuming exogenous ketones tricks your body into producing even more ketones. This speeds up fat burning and weight loss.
Exogenous ketones are deemed to be Generally Regarded As Safe (GRAS) by the FDA. Subsequently, they don’t usually cause many unwanted side effects. That said, a few people report experiencing the following:
- Mild to moderate stomach upsets
In the majority of cases, these side effects will vanish after a few days as you get used to the BHB ketones in Keto Drive. To avoid any problems, the manufacturer of this supplement recommends starting out with a half-scoop once per day and increasing gradually to determine your tolerance.
The ketogenic diet is one of the best diets for weight and fat loss. It produces almost instant results, with many dieters losing five or more pounds in the first week alone! But such a powerful diet is not without side effects. And that’s where Keto Drive comes in.
Packed with 11.7 grams or exogenous ketones, this easy to use supplement will help you get into ketosis faster, experiencing fewer and shorter keto flu symptoms as a result. In addition, Keto Drive will increase mental and physical performance.
If this product has a downside, it’s the taste. Exogenous ketones have a strong flavor that is very hard to disguise. That’s why things like chocolate-flavored exogenous ketone drinks are such a letdown – they taste truly terrible.
Keto Drive is one of the better tasting exogenous ketone supplements around. And while you won’t be mistaking it for your favorite brand of lemonade anytime soon, it’s more than tolerable.
Whether you are just starting out or are already an old-hand on keto, Keto Drive can help make all aspects of your low-carb diet a whole lot easier to live with.
With all that being said the reviews show that a lot of people are not completely satisfied with this product. As such we recommend the more popular and arguably better product Keto BodyTone.
If you are looking for that boost to getting to ketosis faster and smoother we highly recommend checking out our review of Keto BodyTone.
Choosing the right exogenous ketone supplement for your keto journey is easy with our detailed review.
- Value for Money